Project Management Assistant
At Golden Rule Signs, we pride ourselves on continuous evolution. The driving force behind constant business growth is the presence of skilled and dedicated team members. We’re searching for a highly-skilled Project Management Assistant to contribute to Golden Rule Sign’s growth and help us maintain our position as an innovative authority. The ideal candidate will have strong task management skills, as well as experience as a purchasing manager or equivalent. He/She will be expected to manage daily purchasing activities.
- Manage daily purchasing activities
- Create quotes and log completion ETAs and photos
- Review and compare quote details to technical drawings
- Coordinate with our vendor partners to order project materials
- Ensure that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications
- Maintain communication regarding active lead times and prices with vendor partners
- Participate in team-wide, company-wide, and 1 on 1 meetings
- Track and report key functional metrics to improve effectiveness and highlight areas needing improvement
- Log receipts from purchases
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Resolve grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers
- Perform other tasks as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to communicate with a customer service focus, common sense, and the ability to see the big picture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and task management skills
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with Excel, Asana, and Google Suite
- Experience as a purchasing manager or equivalent
DO NOT APPLY IF:
- You have no computer skills.
- You have ever said the words “That’s not my job”.
- You do not like interacting with people or helping find solutions.
- Coming to work early or on-time is an issue
- You do not have reliable transportation.
- You do not have a great attitude and work ethic.
- WOW the Customer (exceptional experience)
- People are our most important asset (people first)
- Do the right thing (principles)
- Be the best, not necessarily the biggest (mastery)
- Pursue continual improvement