At Golden Rule Signs, we pride ourselves on continuous evolution. The driving force behind constant business growth is the presence of skilled and dedicated team members. We’re searching for a highly-skilled Permit Expeditor to contribute to Golden Rule Sign’s growth and help us maintain our position as an innovative authority. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and task-oriented. He/She will be expected to expedite the permitting process for each new project.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE
- The Permit Expeditor is a task-master, an information collector, permit application submitter. someone who EXPEDITES the process of getting a new project approved by local zoning authorities such that it can proceed.
- Communicate with customer, team and zoning authorities via telephone, e-mail, video conferencing, and web-based project management system, while demonstrating excellent customer service
- Manage end-user expectations, be accountable for completing tasks and driving progress
- Work with clients to get the necessary information to move their projects forward
- Be aware of and accountable for department metrics and performance
- Maintain a level of professionalism and a steady work pace
- Escalate and assist the team in resolving project-related issues creatively and professionally
- This position is required to work Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm ET
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Asana (or similar task management systems)
- Experience submitting/obtaining zoning permits
DO NOT APPLY IF:
- You have no computer skills.
- You have ever said the words “That’s not my job”.
- You do not like interacting with people or helping find solutions.
- Coming to work early or on-time is an issue
- You do not have reliable transportation.
- You do not have a great attitude and work ethic.
- WOW the Customer (exceptional experience)
- People are our most important asset (people first)
- Do the right thing (principles)
- Be the best, not necessarily the biggest (mastery)
- Pursue continual improvement