At Golden Rule Signs, we pride ourselves on continuous evolution. The driving force behind constant business growth is the presence of skilled and dedicated team members. We’re searching for a highly-skilled installation manager to contribute to Golden Rule Sign’s growth and help us maintain our position as an innovative authority. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of mechanics and construction as well as strong organization and task management skills. He/She will be expected to coordinate all aspects of projects from the installation to completion.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments
- Forecast what materials and services are needed to complete the installation of sign
- Coordinate all aspects of the installation to completion
- Source and hire local contractors to take measurements and photos (site surveys), order steel from local steel suppliers, coordinate schedules of client and installer, and ensure the installation is completed with all punch list issues resolved.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, setting expectations for timeline and their involvement, and providing ongoing contact on project status and changes
- Interface directly with client stakeholders by email and phone, including continual communication at key milestones and responsiveness to inquiries
- Order structural steel based on the Job Packet/Engineering
- Solicit pricing from multiple vendors, negotiate, engage chosen vendor with a contract, collect their certificate of liability insurance, secure their W9 for payment
- Hire installation crew/company local to the project
- Manage the quality of installers work through vendor & customer feedback, documentation & photos
- Using vendor reported weights and dimensions, book shipments through freight company
- Confirm all items delivered and communicate with all parties as shipping milestones occur
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed-escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
- Initiate freight claims for damaged items
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Aptitude for or a basic understanding of mechanics and construction
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and task management skills
- Previous success in coordinating or managing vendors
- Experience using Asana or similar task management systems
- Prior construction management experience
DO NOT APPLY IF:
- You have no computer skills.
- You have ever said the words “That’s not my job”.
- You do not like interacting with people or helping find solutions.
- Coming to work early or on-time is an issue
- You do not have reliable transportation.
- You do not have a great attitude and work ethic.
- WOW the Customer (exceptional experience)
- People are our most important asset (people first)
- Do the right thing (principles)
- Be the best, not necessarily the biggest (mastery)
- Pursue continual improvement